All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear shock problem?

As titled above, There is a kind of crunching noise from driver side rear, almost like the noise of rattling a box full of tools and on closer inspection the right rear sits about an half an inch lower than the left

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
what years the car mate? im breaking yet another corsa that the shockers came through the rear turret with the same problems as you have said take off the wee covers on the boot and check, fairdoos you maye have ****ed a shocker seal but have a look anyway

d

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 98 mate. when i bought it last year everything was standard. but it has got 15'' alloys and 40mm lowering springs now. say it has went through the turret. how much are we talking

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
its a late model mate i cant see it the early ones go, ive never came across such a new one going id go for a f.u.c.k.e.d seal on the shocker so its just rattling its c.u.n.t. in

d

·
Registered
13 Posts
im getting a similar problem, my drivers side rear coil is alot more 'compacted' than the other side, though the springs and struts are brand new, only 2 weeks old at least :( also the drivers side wheel sticks out more than the other side ?!? is that common....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how old are those springs? they're prone for going on the back so it sits lower on one side.
The springs are brand new mate, just had them fitted last week, but I still had the same problem with my standard springs fitted, and they looked pretty much fine apart from dirt and grime, thats why I'm sure its the shock thats went. Just bought a set of G-Max shocks, a bit earlier than planned though because of the situation, and I was also looking at getting polyurethane bushes as well, but was told the standard ones should still be ok for a 9 year old car and no point in paying the price for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts