All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i just found out my car doesnt have rear speakers or front tweeters :( im after some either original or aftermarket.. anyone got any for sale? or know some that will fit in the original holes for them?

Any Help Appreciated :D

Dan:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORSA-b-ONE-P...ryZ10404QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Tweeters are quite cheap on ebay.

You can get aftermarker speakers & a rear speaker adaptor on ebay. Or you can put some speakers in your parcel shelf. You just use the original speaker wiring to connect up speakers in the parcel shelf.

I've got some old Pioneers at home knocking about, I think they're 6inch, so you'll need an adaptor to fit them in your door panels. I had them in my Corsa for a bit. Selling them for £5.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORSA-b-ONE-P...ryZ10404QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Tweeters are quite cheap on ebay.

You can get aftermarker speakers & a rear speaker adaptor on ebay. Or you can put some speakers in your parcel shelf. You just use the original speaker wiring to connect up speakers in the parcel shelf.

I've got some old Pioneers at home knocking about, I think they're 6inch, so you'll need an adaptor to fit them in your door panels. I had them in my Corsa for a bit. Selling them for £5.
Its a 3 door would they still fit? there in the side parts by the parcel shelf.. i would put some in the parcel shelf but dont really wanna cut it up.. wanna keep it looking standard.. notice i say LOOKING :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Its a 3 door would they still fit? there in the side parts by the parcel shelf.. i would put some in the parcel shelf but dont really wanna cut it up.. wanna keep it looking standard.. notice i say LOOKING :thumbs_up:
They may fit with an adaptor. But I'm not too sure. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Never heard of that... do elaborate!
here's a little quick guide i did on how to make a stealth shelf on another thread on here:

It's basically a way of hiding rear speakers that are on your parcel shelf.

Joannes step dad is making one for us as he has some MDF in the garage.

You basically cut 2 bits of MDF to size of original shelf.

Then you cut holes for you speakers in both bits of wood but the holes on one piece you make smaller say an inch smaller or something.

Then you place the MDF with bigger holes on top of piece with smaller holes and screw/glue together.

Then fit you speakers into position and because holes are smaller in second bit this holds speaker in place and can then be screwed down.

Then to give it the stealth look get some carpet - acoustic carpet is best for this and place it over the top and glue it all down - job done - you have a stealth shelf.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Taken from a site that sells acoustic carpet:

A range of acoustically transparent fabric which can be used to cover speaker boxes or parcel shelves so that your precious speakers are completely hidden whilst keeping acoustic loss to an absolute minimum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taken from a site that sells acoustic carpet:
"A range of acoustically transparent fabric which can be used to cover speaker boxes or parcel shelves so that your precious speakers are completely hidden whilst keeping acoustic loss to an absolute minimum." i knew there would be some loss! hehe im just nit picking.. its definatley and idea.. sounds good just might have to do it.. do love a project :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hehe im sure it doesnt! i'll give it a try and see what i makes of it :) i intend on keeping this car for a fair while so i dont mind spending out a bit.. its just gotta be right for me :) ive got some eyes on some DB audio but looking at Rockford Fosgate, Rainbow and Infinity

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Hehe im sure it doesnt! i'll give it a try and see what i makes of it :) i intend on keeping this car for a fair while so i dont mind spending out a bit.. its just gotta be right for me :) ive got some eyes on some DB audio but looking at Rockford Fosgate, Rainbow and Infinity
I'm after Rainbows... next mod on payday ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts