All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear water washer has stopped spraying :mad: you can hear the motor working and the from jets are all ok but when I tried last night there was water on the ground on the left hand side at the rear, I assume the pipe has come off... how do I get to this? do I need to remove the inside boot panel or the rear side panel? Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What model corsa is it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Open the rear hatch & look at the top left corner near to the hinge.

There you will see a black corrigated rubber sheath (oo er missus!) running from the body roof into the hatch. Within there are the electrical wires for the rear hatch (heated screen, wiper motor etc) and also the washer water feed to the rear washer.

There is a rubber sleeve connecting the washer pipe in the body and the washer pipe in the tailgate. This has probably come off or split.

You will need to prise the sheath out of either the body and/or hatch to inspect/fix the pipework.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks williamt73, I checked the 'rubber sheath' and it looked all ok and was dry which makes me think the pipe is split or come off somewhere between the 'rubber sheath' and the inside the panel / body work, there was a 'wet patch' at the rear of the car behind the wheel

·
Registered
193 Posts
OK, but the rubber "conduit" (I can't keep calling it "sheath") is designed to make a watertight seal with both the body and the rear hatch. This is to stop rainwater getting in. It will also stop washer water getting out!

But you are correct. Either this join has separated, the pipe has come off the nozzle for the rear screen, or a pipe has split.

It is up to you, but I would check the join from body to tailgate first. It is the easiest to check and probably the most likely candidate. Your other options are to start removing lots of interior trim to inspect the rest of the pipework. I don't know how you access the pipe to the rear hatch nozzle as I have never had to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts