Definitions of louvre on the Web:
* an art museum that is a famous tourist attraction in Paris
* louver: one of a set of parallel slats in a door or window to admit air and reject rain
* The Louvre Museum (Musée du Louvre) in Paris, France, is one of the largest and most famous museums in the world. The building, a former royal palace, lies in the centre of Paris, between the Seine river and the Rue de Rivoli. Its central courtyard, now occupied by the Louvre glass pyramid, lies in the axis of the Champs-Élysées, and thus forms the nucleus from which the Axe historique springs. ...
* Opening in roof (sometimes topped with lantern) to allow smoke to escape from central hearth.
* An opening in the roof made to allow smoke to escape.
* One of the most important museums in the world, the Louvre was constructed by King Philippe-Auguste in 1190 as a fortress. In 1360 Charles V transformed the fortress into a royal residence. Though famous for its extraordinary collection since 1726, it was not until 1793 that the Louvre opened its doors to the public. The collection includes European paintings from 1400-1900, European sculptures from 1100-1900, Asian art, Egyptian art, Greek and Roman art, furniture, and jewelry.
* A movable vane for controlling an opening for the flow of cooling air.
* a parallel slat in a window (usually adjustable) that allows air and light to enter a building while excluding rain.
* A ventilating window covered by sloping slats to exclude rain or light.
* A door or window with flat sloping pieces of wood, metal or glass across it to let light or air in while keeping rain out