All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this off eBay a couple days ago. It's a 1.0L 12v (That means it only has 3 cylinders), it's quite nippy, and probably has about the same power as a 4 cylinder 8v.

It's got a few rust marks which will be sorted out at some point, as well as some scuffs, a dent on the bonnet, and the word "TWAT" engraved into the bonnet.

It has no wheel trims, and it was faded about 50% on one side. So I got to work...

Before
Faded panels

Rusty wipers

Faded trim

Weapons of choice

Let the buffing commence!

Now the car is mostly the same shade of red

Back bumper done, just look at the comparison

Wipers painted

All trims cleaned and buffed, and same colour

---------------------------------------------

Today I'll be polishing that chrome piece, putting another layer of t-cut on the paint, and cleaning the interior.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plans? Put some wheel trims on it and pay somebody to remove the dog hairs inside :)

Most I'll probably do is fix one of the fittings on one of the sun shields, and maybe wire up a cable for my MP3 player.

I just don't see the point in spending any unnecessary money on a 1.0L Trip. It's a run around until I can find a 3 series at the right price.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
De-restricted the airbox the other day and it sounds amazing. Found a leak in my radiator so I'll have to wait until next pay day (2 weeks) until I can get another one sorted out.

I have the 1.0 3-pot eco-tec, I'm assuming the bleed procedure is simply just leaving the expansion tank cap off and running the engine for 10 minutes?

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorted radiator out, cost me about £40 odd but fitted it and ran new coolant myself so didn't have to pay somebody. Joys of being a trainee mechanic.

Ordered some bits in the post but I don't wanna spoil my plans :)

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ordered some new bits yesterday.

Eye brows, seat covers, bonnet scoop, exhaust mount bracket, badgeless grill, new head unit, aerial cable, brand new wing mirrors since mine are naffed, mud flaps with vauxhall badge, rear de-wiper bung, and some paint.
Still waiting on my new roof aerial from hong kong also.

Next on the list is some new replacement front speakers, and a Saxo VTS spoiler. Not sure if I want the GSi spoiler, or just the VTS one. I've seen pictures of Corsas with just the VTS spoiler and I think it looks ok but I'll see what it looks like first. I have a spare spoiler somewhere in North Wales if I want it.

I need to go to a scrap yard and get some exhaust pipe so I can extend mine out a little bit, but apart from that, it's looking and sounding good.

Next year, there's a possibility I may get the whole car resprayed gun metal grey, I think that'll look quite nice.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanna get a full respray next year. Depending on how much extra it would cost to change the colour I want gun metal grey. If the extra cost is over £100 I'll just get it re-done red.

I thought it was Flame Red anyway, pretty sure they only did this one shade of red for that year.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow so it's been a while since I've updated the log. I've done a few things to the car since I last posted, it seems every week there's something I could be posting on here but I just choose not too. Some pictures I lost due to my phone no longer wanting to connect to my PC, so I've reverted back to the old 8mp Canon digital camera.

Firstly, the rear elements were fixed, it was simply down to a faulty wire on the boot lid so that was replaced, and the washers not working, down to a faulty pump, so that was replaced with a brand new one.
I fitted a GSi rear spoiler, although I didn't go with the saxo spoiler as intended. I did buy one but it just didn't sit right on the GSi spoiler. I may buy one already made up next year if I find one at the right price.

I managed to find a full GSi interior for a reasonable price of £40. The only modification I needed to do was swap the covers over for the back rest as the fittings were different. 5 minute job, dead easy.

Not sure if I mentioned this in another post, but I was able to get my hands on some clocks with a rev counter, which was only 4k miles lower than my original one so that's in and works like a charm. And also I replaced the gaiters for the handbrake and the gear stick.

All I need to do now is get my hands on a GSi front bumper and side skirts and the exterior is pretty much complete, ready for Plasti-Dipping next year.

I've got some fabric dye spray on the way also, as I want to spray the floor carpet black.

Future Mods: GSi front bumper and skirts, alloy wheels, lowered, upgraded speakers and sub-woofer, body work fixing, entire car plasti-dipped.

So with that said, here's some pictures of the car as it stands.

Taking out the interior

GSi interior all fitted

Exterior as it stands now

FULL PROJECT DETAILS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.dm.draignet.com/forums/index.php?topic=2.0

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You've fitted those eyebrows wrong :laugh: Looking good. Lose eyebrows though, tacky mod imo

Reactions: Michael [PD]
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.