All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its about time i redecorated this sh!thole of a room..
i am thinking brown and a cream/brown colour for the skirting boards/door frames etc. As i thought its about time i had a grown up room lol.
got a couple of pictures i created to replicate my room..
These are the colours from the swatches i got from Dulux website!

Crap colour match for a door eh? lol

More questions:

How many tins of paint do you reckon it will take to paint a room about 7foot by 7foot??

Do i need like undercoat then paint?

What type of paint do you recommend??

and if i scrapped off all the wallpaper on my walls at the moment could i just paint straight onto the wall and recieve a nice finish?? or do i need wallpaper??

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
2 Cans, plenty of coats without undercoat, and you need matt paint.

Is your wallpaper is plain paint it. if not got to scrape it and should probs paint it white then colour.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
if it's smooth enough I think you can just do an udercoat to cover anything and then paint on it mate. Ask in the paint store :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
More questions:

How many tins of paint do you reckon it will take to paint a room about 7foot by 7foot??

Do i need like undercoat then paint?

What type of paint do you recommend??

and if i scrapped off all the wallpaper on my walls at the moment could i just paint straight onto the wall and recieve a nice finish?? or do i need wallpaper??
plans look good mate! two nice contrasting colours, yet work well together,

answers to your questions,

1.the amount depends on what 1. colour you are painting over and 2. what surface you are painting,

2. again depending on what your skirting,facingand door is like you may need to undercoat that before glossing the woodwork

3. really depends on yourself mate, if the walls are likely to get dirty in anyway then go for a silk finish that way you can wipe the walls with a damp cloth,
if you want a sleek looking room get some matt emulsion for the walls and some eggshell finish paint for your woodworks,

any other questions feel free to ask mate!
its my profession! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
138 Posts
have a look in the show us your room thread, mines is currently light blue, with one cream wall (which you cant see) and cream eggshell finish woodwork!

also just noticed you sayingthe wallpaper thats on the wall is coming off,
no you wont be able to paint straight on to the walls underneath that as stripping the paper dosnet mean that you will be able to get the walls sound enough for painting, as there is probably many years off paste on the wall which will react with the paint, best bet is to get some lining paper and put that up, the thicker the paper the better but i would recomend 1000 grade paper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts