All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi

has anyone seen redline this month. there mod of the month is a retractable number plate. when you put your key into the ignition the number plate displays and when you take your key out of the ignition it retracts anyone got any ideas how to do this.

would love to give it ago.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
no idea but im guessing its highly illegal and pretty pointless
I'd have to agree with that comment - probably gonna end up being more hassle than its worth

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is a brown civic with one similar to that.. Pretty pointless but it does look quite good at shows ect. He has it coming out the top of his rear bumper, will try see if i can find some pictures as it was at ptm yesterday just havent uploaded them yet!

·
Registered
696 Posts
it was also at donny. it works on the same basis as a pop up dvd screen. when the ignition is live it lifts up out of the bumper, simple really.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers matt

so anyone got any ideas of how to do it, i understand the principle of it would it be easier to sabotage an old dvd unit for the motor or ?????

anyone please

·
Registered
390 Posts
all you would need is a regulator, and probably need to make some custom housing for the plate, think bout the way an electric window works, it could be done on the same principles as that, with the regulator hooked up to an ignition live.

Mark

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mark

cheers never thought about the electric window principle will have to sit down and think about this.

again cheers mark and if anyone else has any other ideas much appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dont quite fancy cutting into a good bumper just yet so will wait until i get my new one frommy bodykit and will let you all know how i get on if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is the only pic of the back i can find on the laptop:

Here is the car itself:

But some of you may know it as this (pic taken at trax 06):

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That car looks ace, prefer it in red though. I like the idea of the number plate, very james bond-esque :)

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Nar that car is horrible, dont even think the number plate coming out of the bumper looks good.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nar that car is horrible, dont even think the number plate coming out of the bumper looks good.
agree with this man :)

plate up must look awful in that position also?

ye i no its original position but its gunna b standing out loads.

id prefer a recess made in the bumper tbh

·
Registered
163 Posts
Couldnt agree more :thumbs_up:

Would look better in electric orange and bumpers smoothed into arches :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Would look better in electric orange and bumpers smoothed into arches :thumbs_up:
Ok yeah i do agree would look sweet if the bumpers were smoothed into the arches, but i think it looks hot in either the grey or the red :)

Well put it this way i wouldnt say no to that car :laugh:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It seems more a european style tuning, not popular over here, looks like they had changed the suspension but actually forgot to put it back in lol

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Im a big fan of european styling, but it does depend on the car in question, and depend on the individual, everyone has there own opinion

1 - 20 of 22 Posts