All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how to reprogram a key to get the central locking working again?

obviously the key lost its memory when the battery was taken out and needs to be re programmed x any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
It would depend on the make I should think x

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
So a standard alarm?

·
Registered
931 Posts
It depends on how old the car is, but there are two way to do it on the older cars, put the key in the ignition and turn on ignition, then press one of the buttons on the fob it should operate the door, remove the key and that's it programed.

If its a new car you will have to use tech two vauxhalls diagnostic tool which any vauxhall dealer will have they will charge you between 30 and 50 pounds.

You could try the first one to see?

Hope this helps in some way :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It depends on how old the car is, but there are two way to do it on the older cars, put the key in the ignition and turn on ignition, then press one of the buttons on the fob it should operate the door, remove the key and that's it programed.

If its a new car you will have to use tech two vauxhalls diagnostic tool which any vauxhall dealer will have they will charge you between 30 and 50 pounds.

You could try the first one to see?

Hope this helps in some way :D
says up the top mate, 2001 car, so is that classed as new or not??

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Do you by any chance have the ND5 alarm? Post a picture of the fob if you can, or is it built into the key?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Only way I know how to do it manually for those ones is the way that was mentioned above.

fotboi567 said:
put the key in the ignition and turn on ignition, then press one of the buttons on the fob it should operate the door, remove the key and that's it programed

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Shame your not closer mate would have done it for you with Opcom, easy job to do. Shouldnt be too expensive at the dealer though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shame your not closer mate would have done it for you with Opcom, easy job to do. Shouldnt be too expensive at the dealer though.
you have an Opcom? how much was that? or do you work for a key place or garage? beecause i know some one who woks in a key making place would they be able to do it or is it something that has to be connected to the car?, i found a car in my car with the immobiliser code and everything like that if thats anything to do with it x

·
Registered
19 Posts
you have an Opcom? how much was that? or do you work for a key place or garage? beecause i know some one who woks in a key making place would they be able to do it or is it something that has to be connected to the car?, i found a car in my car with the immobiliser code and everything like that if thats anything to do with it x
Search for it on ebay, there are cheap ones :)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Got it through my uncles garage who have it but can get copies off ebay but its up to you if you decide to use that on your car. Opcom is a computer program that mimics Tech2 (costs ~£500) so you have place the key in the ignition and run the program on opcom which will program the immobiliser and remote lock frequencies etc. Key place wont be able to do it for you though, will need to be either done by someone with tech2/opcom or the dealers.

Reactions: Maniacmart
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.