All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem is that i dont have manual central locking either.dya think that 1st one would be crap then??has any1 else fitted remote central locking systems?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've got the standard central locking system that came on my SRi but my Toad is wired into it now so that's how I ended up with RCL.

Maybe you should buy the OEM motors and get the door looms and then fit an alarm....problem solved. Unless of course, your wiring from the car to the door doesn't allow for it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the only wiring going through the door are the front speaker wires.how easy would that kit be to fit??for a novice?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Best way to find out how easy it'll be is to unplug the door loom connector (in the door hinge) and count the pins you have on the car side. You might be pleasantly surprised....I think mine has 22 pins, which means although I did not have electric mirrors and windows, if I had the motors and switches installed, I could run them.

Just count the pins for now and go from there is best.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just had a look and theres only 2 pins.lol.it will be harder for me 2 fit everythin else now wont it?

·
Registered
585 Posts
You have 2 pins on the car side of the connector? If that really is the case then yes, you will have some headaches trying to fit the loom to allow for it. You'll have to pay someone to do the work put it that way.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
buy an aalrm that covers remote central locking like he toad and wire a universal kit through the alarm rather then through the car cheapest option and any spark can o it for you

d

·
Registered
585 Posts
well i looked on the door side because it just clipped off
They both do. You need to look on the car side not the door as I explained. The reason is that you may already have the correct loom to allow for the OEM central locking.

Otherwise, mmvcorsa129's solution is your best bet.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Are you not upgrading to an sxi now then?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i still want 2.its just finding money.im working 12 hours a week at sainsburys while going college to do public services.lol.im not what they call rich!im saving gradually

·
Registered
393 Posts
i've bought and fitted an entry-level Microscan alarm, then the central locking kit to it. took about a weekend and was fairly straightforward, has been totally reliable (even when it got broken into), has a really annoying (so you can't ignore it) tone and was less than £80 with p&p. my brother was so impressed he bought one too ( i had to fit it though he did help).
a good little mod later on is to wire it to trip a relay for the fuel pump, instant immobiliser heh heh...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
well i still want 2.its just finding money.im working 12 hours a week at sainsburys while going college to do public services.lol.im not what they call rich!im saving gradually
I did public services at college, right after I finished my mechanic course.
What area of the public services are you looking at getting into?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
police.i wanna be a traffic cop.bt if i c any corsa drivers actin mad,i will just turn a bline eye.lol.:thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
No dont turn a blind eye to all of them just the ones with allcorsa stickers, give us a good reason to have them :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've wanted to be a traffic cop since I was like 15 years old....my otherwise squeaky clean record was tarnished with a Public Order incident back 2 years ago though which I think makes me exempt now :( :(

Both my parents work for the Police too, they seem happy enough.....my stepdad is a DS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats wkd.i know the cheif sargent of my local police autority and he takes me out on a night shift on the town.i love it.i would probly pull everyone except my mates and people with all corsa stickers!!:thumbs_up:
i really wanna buy some all corsa stickers but i cant be assed to pay by cheque.i wish he did paypal!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts