All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if in the correct section but i discovered last night that a pot of hammerite had been spilt on my seat covers and gone through to the actual seat. I took all the seat covers out since im not going to bother with them anymore since they were cheap :p. So any ideas how to get the stain out the seat?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
no chance sadly, hammerite is a plastic paint so it will be on there permannently. just get some new seats, time for some sport ones?

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Found a few ideas on the net, the only problem i can see your going to have is that if you use something slovent based it could fade the seat material or worse eat away at it :(

If the paint is already dry a strong tape such as gaffers can be used to remove much of an existing stain. Apply firmly, rub or scratch the tape onto the fabric and then do not tear it off. This can take several attempts to get satisfactory results, and works well with cotton, denim and similar sturdy fabrics. Delicate items may cause damage or tearing. NOTE: Be sure to peel the tape off and not smear it across the fabric as it could leave a glue residue on the fabric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts