All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im looking for the time being to put in a new head unit into my vauxhall corsa B i have a few questions that i would be grateful if anybody could answer them please.

1. To take out the old head unit i took out all 4 grub screws but from there do i have to pry the head unit out with 2 flat head scrwdrivers or do i need to go round the back.

2. As its a M reg. its quite an old model do i need anything extra when fitting a new headunit and will any sort of head unit do. Does anybody have any gd recommendations for head units like my car.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Another method is to use four long skinny pin shaped objects in the holes, then lever them inwards and pull the stereo out.
THey can be taken out by levering the stereo out with a screwdriver but you run the risk of damaging the surround.

Also when it comes to putting another stereo in, aslong as it comes with an iso adapter which most do, it should just be plug and play.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
leave the doors unlocked over night ;) someone will get it out for you!

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can fashion your own removal pins using a wire coathanger by cutting equal lengths from it and bending them until they fit. That's how I removed mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts