All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I got a photo of it, hopefully its viewable.

you can kinda see it, swirls all over the hood, and most of the car I guess. I was gonna use Meguiars Ultimate Compound, would this be best bet or something else first.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's an automotive sponge lol. I think it didn't help it was a cheap clay bar. It it nice and smooth and was planning on getting a rotary polisher. Had all this stuff in the states but of course didn't have the space for it all in an over ocean move. Would meguiarsl be the best though. Mind that you can only see the scratches in the glare on the light. If you look at it straight on it looks fine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On thinking about it I think I just pushed harder with the clay on the hood because it was the worst. The clay barley moved and slipped out if my hand stuck to the car a few times(never fell on the ground mind you).

Was thinking about meguiars on a rotary buffer. Then not sure on polish, taking ideas(auto glym is easy to get here. Others I have to order). And either auto glym wax or meguiars. Glym is easy to get but I do know how good meguiars is from use of it in the states.

·
Registered
223 Posts
first use a good clay bar like meguiars to decontaminate the panel with plenty of lubrication (a good quick detailer) - (the meguiars quick clay starter kit will be perfect at around £17)

meguiars ultimate compound is a great medium cut that can be used by hand or machine, that will do the job, its what i use and its brilliant

as for polish, autoglym super resin polish (either old formulation or new formulation) will be fine

best to top it off with a nice wax as well, which ever you prefer, liquid or paste :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
the autoglym super resin polish is in a white bottle with the red ag logo

'super résine polonais' may be what youre looking for

as for wax, id highly recommend meguiars gold class liquid wax or meguiars ultimate liquid wax

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best way would be to get a professional to machine polish it for you. My car wasent as bad as that but i had it machine polished and its fine now. I used a meg's clay kit yesterday then used poorboys black hole glaze and dodo juice purple haze wax and my looks and feels like new. The 15 year old paintwork feels better than the freshly painted boot and bonnet. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts