All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best pruducts to remove scratches from paint?

I have a Black Corsa C with the odd little scratch on it, I've used some G3 compound on it but didn't seem to do much.

Any alternatives that are good?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I tried Meguiars Ultimate Compound on mine and to be honest I didn't think it did much, however people rave about it. I think with the Megs and G3, they don't work well just done by hand - probably need a Dual Action buffer to get full effect. Looking to buy one myself.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Depends on equipment used to apply and remove too

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ideally you really need to use a polisher. I highly recommend Meguiars Professional 105 Ultra Cut Compound and finishing with 205 Ultra Finishing Polish.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I used megs scratch remover (in the tube) and cut all my dads boot back, got rid of loads of little, and some bigger, scratches. Then polished and waxed and it cane up nice.

·
Registered
223 Posts
g3 is a watered down mess, i think its the design of the bottle that makes people think its any good

from the consumer range, megs ultimate compound is the best any joe bloggs off the street can buy, can be used by hand or machine, clearly youll do a better job by machine, its also worth noting, that even this is slightly 'watered down' to be consumer 'idiot' friendly

but as williamcorsa has stated, if youre going down the machine route 105 and 205 will be youre best bet, however also remember to use the necessary pads to each product

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I need one of them for my wheelchair too.

Reactions: ibysmalls
1 - 11 of 11 Posts