All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
Stripping out my corsa to be welded up for MOT, getting the carpet up and i can't get the seat runners out, ive angle grinded one bolt off and managed to get the left hand runner of the passenger seat off but i cant get the right side off (star drive) ive started to drill it out, so it will eventually come out.
Was wondering if anyone has any bright idea's for the drivers side?
When i turn the bolt the weld underneath has broken and its just free running, i have tried it with mole grips but no good =(
Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
479 Posts
more angle grinding...? perhaps... or maybe a dab of weld to hold it while you lossen it..?
if you get me...

·
Registered
826 Posts
as above, under the car you will see a small captive nut, cut it and the bolt will fall out, the inner torque screws usually come out pretty well without ****ing about

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Posting in the right section would help too. Moved.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Angle grinding seems a very extreme way of removing these... Did the star drive bolt head knacker up when you tried to remove it?

We removed the seats from a Rover 220 and had a similar problem with the head of a T50 Torque rounding out, tack weld a nut over the top of it and then you will be able to get a suitable socket on to remove it....

·
Registered
860 Posts
i always wonder why they use daft headed bolts to fasten something that really needs to be extra tight, you can probably get it much tighter with a standard bolt or allen bolt than those torx drives

1 - 7 of 7 Posts