All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I booked my car in for a new cambelt on monday just gone, and it was gunna cost £110 for the cambelt. I was happy paying that due to the problems it can cause if it goes. I recieved a call bout half hour after dropping it off saying that, the water pump was also leaking, the fanbelt was on its last legs, the tensioner wasnt looking good and the cambelt had bout 500 miles left. So im glad i did it at that point, he said otherwise the water pump leak could of caused serious damages, im so glad. the price changed to £287, but i now have a huge piece of mind :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I booked my car in for a new cambelt on monday just gone, and it was gunna cost £110 for the cambelt. I was happy paying that due to the problems it can cause if it goes. I recieved a call bout half hour after dropping it off saying that, the water pump was also leaking, the fanbelt was on its last legs, the tensioner wasnt looking good and the cambelt had bout 500 miles left. So im glad i did it at that point, he said otherwise the water pump leak could of caused serious damages, im so glad. the price changed to £287, but i now have a huge piece of mind :thumbs_up:
Sounds to me like you've been ripped off. Classic tactic.
You take your car in, they then ring later saying it needs miles more work and bump the price up.
What engine is it?

One thing I always do if I ever do need to take my car to a garage is ask for all my old parts back.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Well as long as you're happy and your car is fine, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
801 Posts
One thing I always do if I ever do need to take my car to a garage is ask for all my old parts back.
Or stand there and watch them work away, tis handy having an old man who's been mechanic since he was 18, free labour for me!! :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lol you lucky git, if the parts actually look nackered then fair play, it does smell a bit fishy mind you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol you lucky git, if the parts actually look nackered then fair play, it does smell a bit fishy mind you!
The engine did have a different sound to it before it went in like, it was gunna clout out, it was very loud, but now its really quiet which im really happy about. I have always trusted this garage, ive taken my car there all the time. I know a few people there. So i have my belief in them lol :thumbs_up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts