All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Bought blue sidelights for me sxi (06) how on hell do you get the old bulb out and new one in?
There is a small disc that comes off but cant see bulb!
Any help much appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Tried twisting it?

On my B, all I did was prise out the old one and twist the bottom, the whole thing came apart then.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Apparently on the facelift corsa c's you need to drop the bumper, or face about ten hours cutting your wrists everywhere!

One screw in each arch and one nut in each, three screws at top of bumper and pull forwards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers

Never an easy way is there! I take it then to drop bumper and un-bolt headlamps to fit.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's all these new cars for you.
Let us know how you get on anyway.

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's all these new cars for you.
Let us know how you get on anyway.
yeah i agree lee my mate had a 2006 megan and you have to pretty much taake the whole front end apart just to replace the head lamp bulbs bit ridiculous if ya ask me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I managed without droppin the bumper.
A long screwdriver, patience and one cut finger.
See how they look tonight.

:banana: :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Not as bad as my dads smart car, to replace a headlamp bulb you have to remove the whole front of the car, only one panel but you would of thought there would be an easier way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if its just to line the pocket of the garages. Anyone who cant DIY then have to pay.

:thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well with most new cars there isnt a lot you can do yourself, not like the classic corsa.

·
Registered
325 Posts
On my preface light one with normal lights I pop the bonnet, then just remove the covers that cover the lugs, and then just pull them out

mind u the side light ones are a pain to get out as opposed to the main beam bulbs

no need to drop the bumper

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's all about making money for the car manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
It's all about making money for the car manufacturers.
aye, it uesd to be everything bolted together, but now they use clips and s**t to do it. saves them money and forces us to garages to get even the smallest thing done

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Gone are the days of fixing your car with a hammer and screwdriver, its all electronics and fault codes, where it costs you £60 for them just to plug it in and have a look, or so im told.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi All

Bought blue sidelights for me sxi (06) how on hell do you get the old bulb out and new one in?
There is a small disc that comes off but cant see bulb!
Any help much appreciated.:confused:
no no no just dont put them in PLEASE it looks cheap :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well they are in ! Dont think it looks cheap and it 100% better lookin than the norm dim yellow siders.

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts