All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Im 17 mainly drive motorbikes but have finally taken a plunge and bought a N reg corsa 1.2 for £500. So far the things been a saint and hasnt put a foot wrong.

The question is id like to replace the stock philips stereo with something which will take my ipod and genreally be alot better than what ive got at the moment

what does this invlove, is it pretty simple and what stereos do you recommend for under £100 (please remeber im a poor student :p)?

Cheers for any help
Matt

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

see these holes, cram them full of something strong enought to push the

spring locks in, paper clips are my fav. then you should be able to pull it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh I have a tool that removes the stereo but its all the connections in the back im alittle nervous about.

THat JVC stereo looks good might consider it!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i think its a straight swap.

that goes in here

witch should come with the stereo if it dont ill talk you thought it its really

easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok it looks fairly simple just a few more questions and it looks like i might be setr to go.

• Will the corsa aerial fit right into the JVC or will i need a converter?
  • Is the ipod lead included and if not is it just a standard usb lead?
  • I assume the ipod plugs into the back of the unit could i thread the wire into the glove box so the ipod sits in the glove box?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Aerial are the same
Ipod lead is either your USB lead you got with your Ipod or you need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, if it doesn't come with stereo they are cheap to buy
and yes, the glovebox has some kind f vents on the back to put wires through into the glovebox

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
the corsa aerial in my car was male so no.

ipod lead should be included so in the glove box or on the tray under it, (if

you have one)

Aerial are the same
Ipod lead is either your USB lead you got with your Ipod or you need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, if it doesn't come with stereo they are cheap to buy
and yes, the glovebox has some kind f vents on the back to put wires through into the glovebox
it wouldnt be a 3.5mm because you cant control an ipod with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts