All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi - I was doing some tinkering about on my x10xe corsa b 1.0 ltr 99 today, I wanted to check the transmission oil but couldnt detect where the filler plug/check plug were (I should really get myself a Haynes manual, will get one, one of these days) anyway what I did was removed the gear selector on top of the clutch bell housing just to have a lookie and I took a picture:
should these gears not be submerged in gearbox oil or from the picture do they look ok. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where the drain plug is, how much oil the gearbox takes for the x10xe and recommended gearbox oil and whether it looks like from the pic if the gearbox looks starved of oil to you. many thanks for any info :) http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x361/Andyr_45/Corsa/?action=view&current=GEARS.jpg

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I'm fairly certain that all Corsa B gearboxes came without a drain plug.

To drain the oil you need to remove the differential cover from under the wheel arch on the passenger side of the car (if it's right hand drive)
Once you do that, the oil can be drained. I put the same side on a jack and lowered the car down so that the gearbox tilted to get it all out

To re-fill there is a hole on mines with an hex key bolt in it. Remove that and fill the gearbox untill it starts to drip out the hole. The hole is set at the proper height so that then it spills out, the gearbox has got enough oil in it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts