All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of replacing my rocker cover gasket myself is there anything i should look out for when doing it ?

do I need to use any sealant on the gasket ? do the bolts need to be tighted up to a required torque ?

any help would be good my cars a 1.2 8v.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
you dont need any sealant for the gasket.an just nip the bolts up dont over tighten them its really easy to do.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did my rocker gasket tonight all went until I put it back on and did up the bolts and two were threaded. I got the bodyshop to fit my old gasket a year ago and they did the bolts up really tight thats why they wont go back in. they dont even screw down they just pull out. Is there any way i can sort it ?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Where did you get a rocker cover gasket from, i think mine has gone as my engine is covered in oil that looks like its leaking from the top of the engine

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get them from any parts shop they are about £2 if that I know halfords do them aswell.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You have to replace all the head bolts when you remove them. Suprised nobody has mentioned that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh right Clutch, No one mentioned that to me which is not good. looks like the person who fitted it used a windy gun to proper tighted them down

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh right Clutch, No one mentioned that to me which is not good. looks like the person who fitted it used a windy gun to proper tighted them down
He shouldnt use a windy gun you will just strip them tut tut, hand tighten then use a torque wrench on them. That explains why the stripped.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think they usually suggest changing things like bolts and nuts as a safety thing, rather than essential

1 - 14 of 14 Posts