All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its in desperate need of improvement.

If I replace it with another head unit, will the clock and temp gauge still work ?

Ta Ash :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
if its never been removed before you might find that in the holes where the pins go to remove it, there may be small allen key screws that will need removed once there out you just slide the pins in and draw the headunit out, then its just a case of removing the cage which is usually a 10m nut and bolt at the back

d

·
Registered
90 Posts
can anyone help me out, ive not got the removal tools to get the radio out any other ways of doing it???

ive took the allen keys out and removed the face (broke it i now cant change radio station :laugh:) of the radio but it wont just pull out any ideas very welcome???

thanks

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
can anyone help me out, ive not got the removal tools to get the radio out any other ways of doing it???

ive took the allen keys out and removed the face (broke it i now cant change radio station :laugh:) of the radio but it wont just pull out any ideas very welcome???

thanks
There is a tool to remove it - basically two U shaped bits of metal, that go into the holes where the allen keys were. Push in all the way to disengage the catches, then pull forwards.

You can use a wire coat hanger bent to fit - just check that the wire is the right thickness.

Once you change the radio then the clock and the outside temp will still work on the MFD, but with a none-standard head unit the radio station display will just go blank when you turn the radio on. If that worries you then you can disable the function by cutting the grey/red wire running to the MFD and then the date will be permanently displayed. Some people prefer to cut the wire as close to the MFD as possible.

·
Registered
588 Posts
date display

thanks people got my first legit corsa and has this prob took off the whole display cut the red/grey wire and sorted cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
may as well add my request here since its about a Corsa B

Just bought the car 2nd hand and it has a Blaupunkt CAR300 radio cassette in it that works but I want to replace it with a radio/CD player. So I got a Sendai unit from Halfords along with the adapter wiring harness.

Swapped them over with just the wires connected and it doesnt power on. Tried both with just the players' wiring *and* with the adapter - no power.

Took it back to Halfords and they tested the player on their instore test rig and it works fine. I then asked them to fit it figuring I'd pay the £20 but what the hell....

They couldnt get it to work either. The young lad then got his meter out and tested the wiring socket in the car - couldnt find a 12v feed but put the Blaupunkt back in and again it works! They were stumped and so am I.

·
Registered
588 Posts
what i would do if it was me would be to get a test meter touch the black from the meter to the chassis and check the wires with the red..with your ignition lights on you should have two live feeds

·
Registered
588 Posts
im glad i could be of help to you,,some radios have different wiring which usually only means maybe swaping the red with the yellow and stuff like that and i think that the guy in halfords was not really clued up with what he was doing thats why he didnt know that,but thats the easyist way to find a live......depending on how you are wiring your new radio up ,,,,you could chop the wires from the wiring conversion kit and rewire it that way let me know if you need anymore help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've sorted it (I hope).

I used a meter on the cars ICE socket (is that correct? ISO is the common standard now I know) and the one above earth (yellow) gave a steady 12v but the Red wire (12v switched on with the ignition?) only gave 4-5volts. It started around 12v but dropped down to between 4 and 5 volts and fluctuated. So I guess theres a problem with that feed?

In the end I spliced the red and yellow from the new radio into the Yellow feed and that works fine (and hopefully nothing will blow up). I fitted a new pair of speakers while I was at it and it all sounds great.

P.S. Yeah taped up with insulating tape so nothing's exposed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts