Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my mums bf was a panel beater to trade. He stopped a few years back though as the fumes etc were affecting his health. He is now a plasterer. He still however has his old workshop with a spray booth etc although it is in his ex wife's back yard which is in Donegal in the South of Ireland. Its about 250 miles away from me.

Although he doesnt do panel beating anymore he still does the odd job here and there for mates etc. Now i have seen some pictures of his work and some of the workmanship was awesome. No kitted cars, just repairs, but the work was top class.

I was thinking of asking him to respray my car before pvs. Im sure he would do it, and for not much money. Only thing that is putting me off is the cost of getting there. Ive been looking into it a wee bit and ferry is £150, ill be out around £70 in fuel, id be staying with him so no accomodation cost, then £50 for food and nights out. Then the cost of the paint an however much he'd take to do it. I cant see it being over £100 for that though.

So looking at near enough £370 for a full repsray and a wee holiday weekend,

Worth it in your opinion?

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just talked to my mum and she is happy to pay £150 towards it aslong as my dad pays the same. So thats me sorted then. :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Fair play mate, go for it mate! You will only ever think i wish i had if you dont! What colour you going for?

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just the same as before, Flame red to freshen it up a bit and satin black bumpers and plastics.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Well worth it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah definately do it mate, not only are you gettin a full respray, but your gonna get a break from this country, and will be a good experiance!:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
hi all,

from recent experience i would say that it is definatly worth travelling to get a respray as long as you know that its a good job, i had my corsa b resprayed aftea a non fault accident, i had it done silver with a green pearl. basically i went to a guy round the corner and he took forever and there were so many imperfecrions it wasnt funny...... so travel if its gunna be a top notch job. it also cost me £500

1 - 16 of 16 Posts