All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I bought an sxi rear bench seat for my 1.2 LS but the brackets for fixing it in are completely different. My other option would be to retrim my original bench with the trim from the one I have just bought - Is this possible and can it be done without taking the rear bench out?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yes its easy too ive done it in the past when ive had the same problem, swop he outer material part and also the foam as it will have holes in different places then just wrp it back round

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i took mine out, if you look at the back you will see where the material is trimmed on to a thin strip of cardboard just gently slid the card out the wee groove in the back plate all the way round them seperate it all and do it in reverse to get it back together

d

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok how do I get the upright part of the bench out? I saw 2 bolts which I reckoned were the ones I needed to take out but will the mechanism that folds it down come out with it aswell?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also i'm putting on new rear cards and need to take out a few bolts in the plastic trim and noticed that the bolt has a star shaped head rather than an allen key head - whats the neame of this tool as I'm way to go and purchase one?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yip its torques that hold most of the trim on in the corsa b, the rear, there a few versions, some have a wee clip and you take it out and the rear bench slips up and out the runners but most have torques securing them in, its its a one piece rear seat then it will either have this clip or torques securing it at each end, if its a 60-40 then there will be torques but you may have to remove the seatbelt retainers too and keep the seat in one pice when removed

d

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the rear cards are just about done - just need to do drivers side - and had a look at the bench seat. I could get 2 of the bolts undone but the other 2 are so dam tight I thought I was gonna break the tool - any ideas how to loosen them?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
May be worth having a squirt of wd40 on them if you can.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got them undone using a torque wrench. Had a look at retrimming but think its gonna be more hassle than its worth considering me and joanne are never gonna be in the back - unless she wants to get a bit frisky one day :laugh: . Done the rear door cards and they look sweet just gonna get some upholstry cleaner at weekend and clean them up then i'll post pics.

Definately gonna get SXI seats for the front - got a set lined up already just waiting for pay day.

Because the rest of the interior is black Joanne was thinking about just buying a plain black cover for the rear bench seat - do you reckon this would look ok?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
When I've got a bit of time Geebs I'll sit through and read this thread properly. There's no point not doing it all properly.

I'm sure you'll be able to sort it out.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok well to summarise it a bit I want to take the material off the new bench seat I have bought and put it on to my old bench seat as the fixings are different for fitting the new bench seat into the car - my only concern is that when I take the seat out and start taking the old material off - its all gonna go wrong and the new bench seat material won't fit

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Can the fittings not be swapped over, instead of swapping over the material?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no fittings look to be different and someone told me would probably require welding but not sure if this is correct or not - i have pictures of the fixings on the old bench seat and what i have on the new one if it helps?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow aswell if I remember for you.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
its easy mate, all you do it peal off the outer covers, and the foam and swop the metal back plates to the seats if i was close by id be straight down and do ti for you its so easy as long as your gentle you will get it sorted

d

·
Registered
135 Posts
So the sxi/sport seats do fit in the back because my bracket that moves the largest part of the back bench backwards and forwards is jammed and we cant get it out so i can pickup sum sport/sxi interior for quite cheap and just wondering if they fit straight in because just swapping the cloth would be no good to me....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts