All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever i put my car in reverse it makes a lound grunching noise like my foot isit on the clutch and is hard to get in- any ideas??? new clutch?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
adjust your clutch mate i had that problem aswith getting into normal gears properly, but for now say if your parked up and you need to reverse put it in reverse (before switching engine on) making sure you keep your foot on the clutch pedal lol, then start up, and it wont make a grinding noise, but as said before get it adjsuted first, once adjusted whill feel a bit weired but you'll get used to it!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ye it will be your clutch cable slipping mate. Just wind the nut up the bolt a little bit and put the retaining clip back on. It might be slipping because the retaining clip fell off mate in which case you need to buy one for 57p from Vauxhall. I had this problem on my car with the forward gears.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
to stop it crunching when you get into reverse, press the clutch down and stick it in third then reverse. this'll stop it till you get it sorted

·
Registered
331 Posts
isnt the cruch noise jsut cecause reverse dont ahve syncromesh? its happened on every car ive driven lol.

·
Registered
713 Posts
if its happened on every car youve driven then it doesnt sound like your pushing the clutch down far enough or are ramming it into reverse gear....doesnt matter whether its synchronised or not, every gear change should be smooth and quiet.

either that or you've had bad luck with choice of cars for clutch cables or clutch wear lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sometimes i cant get into reverse without a crunch, so i let go of the clutch and press it again and it will go into gear smoothly :)
Same with mine. Not very often though so it's alright. Bit annoying hough sometimes.

·
Registered
713 Posts
the clio does that when its cold sometimes and also when i change from 1st to 2nd gear, hate it as it makes the awful grinding noise and its embarrassing as can be heard from outside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts