All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
The difference is his beliefs are supported by facts. He mostly opposes people who want to push their religious views into secular governments or places of education and fights against discrimination.

Some extremists kill people to make their point so that seems a bit OTT Nibnob. All he goes is engage in debate.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Taurus' Law of Bellends - Every bellend has an equal and opposite bellend.

A year or so back Dawkin's had to shut down his website due to a battle between orthodox followers falling out with more liberal interpreters of his message. It was all out war between people whose fury knew no bounds. You had to feel for the guy seeing his own followers take his message and pervert it.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
The difference is his beliefs are supported by facts. He mostly opposes people who want to push their religious views into secular governments or places of education and fights against discrimination.

Some extremists kill people to make their point so that seems a bit OTT Nibnob. All he goes is engage in debate.
Obviously he's not like those extremists though is he lol. I find anyone with extreme views, regardless of whether Atheist or Muslim or whatever, very annoying. No matter what you say, you're not going to change their mind. Instead of trying to piss of people with opposite beliefs all your life, why not get a real job? Same goes to other evangelists etc.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
The vicar who is going to be marrying me and my gf said it best IMO.
'This is what I believe in and live my life to, and I won't tell anybody who doesn't want to know. And i hope they would do the same for me.'

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Obviously he's not like those extremists though is he lol. I find anyone with extreme views, regardless of whether Atheist or Muslim or whatever, very annoying. No matter what you say, you're not going to change their mind. Instead of trying to piss of people with opposite beliefs all your life, why not get a real job? Same goes to other evangelists etc.
What extreme views does Dawkins have?

He used to be an Evolutionary Biologist lecturer most of his life. It's in his more recent years that he's took a more active approach towards debating.
People like Wendy are his biggest gripe because they want to introduce religion into a science class (creationism) and ignore peer reviewed science like the Theory of Evolution which is counter productive towards education. Sure religion should be taught, but not in science classes.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
What extreme views does Dawkins have?

He used to be an Evolutionary Biologist lecturer most of his life. It's in his more recent years that he's took a more active approach towards debating.
People like Wendy are his biggest gripe because they want to introduce religion into a science class (creationism) and ignore peer reviewed science like the Theory of Evolution which is counter productive towards education. Sure religion should be taught, but not in science classes.
To be fair, he's a pretty shite debater...
He replies when he's got an answer, but when he hasn't got a clue what to say, he just asks another question

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.