All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what my angel eye looks like, so how do i wire this up to my car?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm not an electrician so don't take my word as gospel but this is how I did Lee_H's.
Get the two red wires and twist them both together, then do the same to the two black wires.
You then need to locate your sidelight wires which is easy enough. Find the positive wire, cut it, expose the wires and solder into a sort of T shape making sure the old circuit is back connected but the red wires are also attached.
Do the same for the black side and it should work.
Make sure you use plenty of electric tape to cover up all exposed wires.

Here is a crap diagram to try and make some sense of it for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
yeah your right lee i did that with my lights , (just cut the old side light connecter of so you have bare wires):D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres only 1 red and 1 black wire though!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There looks to be 2 there to me.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres 2 loose and some taped up with red tap, which ones do i use, its the two that are loose i used, cant i use connectors rather than a solderin iron?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep you should be ok to use connectors.
I've attached an edited pic with arrows to which wires you need to use. Get both red a connect them to the live, get both black and connect them to the neutral.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What you mean? i thought i had to connect them into the loom circuit or sumert man im stuck, i got my test friday wont be goin anywhere without lights in my car lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I have attached a basic diagram which hopefully may explain things more clearly.
The wiring colour on the sidelight plug side isn't as shown in the diagram, I think it's brown and something else. I put it as red and black just to show how the wiring works.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so should i use the four wires that are taped up or the two loose wires?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'll try and look at Lee_H's tonight for you and get back to you on it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
use all 4 wires i had this problem and blew countless fuses red/black to one existing side light wire and red/black to the other try this it should work . they come out of two holes in the plastic but it doesn't mean they are differant :D (i dont think)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm okay so could someone maybe edit that little picture saying which wires i should use the ones taped up or the loose ones and which ones and how many have to be wired to where?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lee, can you do us a favour and take a pic of the wiring on yours? I can't remember the wiring properly.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were brand new, but i got them 2nd hand off a mate like... im stuck!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rite i know how to wire them up now to the sidelights, but which wires are the sidelights ? pics please as clutch copuldnt work out either as my wires for 2 connections are almost identical?

·
Registered
389 Posts
you done them lights yet corsaj , if you cant understand anyones help i would go outside and just start conecting wires until they work have some 10or 20 amp fuses ready ,

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Naa been doing system over the weekend so aint had chance! i think with the two lose wires i gotta tap into the sidelight loom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts