·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can do a lot better thats a really quick recording, im using stanton c303's at the moment, hope to get pioneer cdj1000s and a djm600 mixer within the next few months :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Why not get some proper decks lol :p, dont want these CD things. And anway for the record, I have stanton str8-30's

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cd's are the way forward mate, thats the way the industry's goin ;)

not much if anything that u can do with vinyl that u cant do on a set of cdj1000s :p ( oh and for the record, u can do a hell of a lot on a set of 1000s that u CANT do on vinyl haha :p )

peronal preference i guess at the end of the day!

u got any recordings of any mixes mate?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Not on the pc, all my mixes are on tape, will get one up one day. Anyway MP3 is the way forward:thumbs_up: But yer your exactly right it being down to personal preference really. Never actually really used a set of cdj1000s. Just cant really see how you would mix cd's in lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol its pretty much the exact same concept as vinyl mate, there is no difference in mixing whatsoever, the only difference is cueing, most cdj's use phrase cueing so finding the first kick etc is done slightly differently, although the pioneer cdjs come with vinyl emulation, and you can change the cueing method to the same as vinyl, ie rolling the record(cd) over the beat

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
That does seem pretty good actually, probably take a bit of getting used to but does seem to hold quite a few advantages. I'm going to have to have a mix this weekend now you have being talking about it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice one, i'm looking to get into doing the clubs/pubs now, i have quite a few 'contacts' as they say, mates who are dj's who have done all the big clubs in glasgow, also a mate who is a PR manager for a club in glasgow/Edinburgh, and a few others, so it's just a case o getting a good mix recorded and gettig it to them.

also going to be doing a night with myself and 3 other good dj's at a club in EK where i live, and i it goes well then look at making it a monthly, hopefully have a few things in place by the summer, when all the ladies come out to play :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you get into it mate, the amount you can get for playing a set is daft sometimes.
yeah your right, but to be honest i'd be in it for the music and cos i enjoy it more than anything else, especially whe starting out, hopefully as i said have a few things in place in the coming months :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mark we all know the reason u wana play sets is so you can get a free squatch at the talent :laugh:
you'v still got a lot to learn about ladies youngster :p :thumbs_up:

but yeah, they come as part of the dj'in package ;) lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
cd's are the way forward mate, thats the way the industry's goin ;)
I beg to differ. I used to have a techno residency here in Cardiff many years ago (circa '95) when all we had was vinyl. I got bored with it very quickly tbh...still, I remember how it feels to commandeer a large crowd of people and work them like puppets on a string ;)

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Ableton Live....that is the way it's going. On the fly remixing, with a laptop and maybe one of each type of deck (CD and vinyl) is where the future is. Ableton is an absolute gem of a program.

That said, I've always wanted my own set of 1200/1210's but ended up buying recording equipment instead with a view to becoming an Audio Engineer.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i do have ableton but don't use it for live purposes, i havecubase etc etc etc, and will have reason shortly, in terms of playing in clubs, cd's are at the moment the most recognised format, ut your right in another 5-10years it will all be completely laptop based :thumbs_up:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts