All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just last week I hit a pot hole really hard on the left front, and my steering has been really weird since, rolling heavily into the left and feeling a bumping through the wheel and I'm losing grip when turning to the right as if the wheel is lifting. Now all the mechanical componets such as shocks and springs are fine and I sailed through my MOT today, surley ruling out any damage to the traction rod or wishbone. I was told I could have cracked my alloy, but does any one have any other ideas?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update, after a quick game of musical chairs with my wheels the problem still persists so ruling out a problem with the tire or alloy, and im totally confused now :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Check your measurements on each side of the wheel between your tyre and the arch and then do the same on the otherside of the car. See if they are the same, if not, you've bent something.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check your measurements on each side of the wheel between your tyre and the arch and then do the same on the otherside of the car. See if they are the same, if not, you've bent something.
I must be totally blind, I went out to do as you suggest and I noticed there is about a 20 degree difference in the angle of the tires, and I got someone to turn the steering wheel for me and it doesn't turn as much either, so it can give an appearence of being straight at one point, so thats why I must have thought they were in alignment. Fooking potholes:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So now is what to get fixed? New track rod, track rod ends, new wishbones as well, prob do the bearings and hubs as well, how much will this cost? :mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update fella's, Just had a good look over the car on a ramp thanks to a mechanic friend of mine and the good news is that it is not any suspension or steering component. The bad news is that its the drive shaft:mad: Now wether its a bearing or spline that has went is another matter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts