Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first attempt on a car project corsa 5dr 1.4i LS;
when i first got it minus the window tints.

debadged the back and side trims

New wheels

Sprayed back bumper, back side arches, mirrors, bootlock and taken off back wiper and tinted rear lights and added twin exhaust (Low purring sound, LUSH)

fixing a dent and rust

Fusion stereo with ipod conector looks real good specially at night (photo dosn't give it any justice though)

My Dads car which will be mine and a project to look forward to (Austin 6).

future mods are; lowering 40mm (would it be alright with low profile tyres 195/50/15), 2L redtop, front bumper/arces cc, badboy bonnet, interior cream leather, speakers, dvd player for back passangers, black angel eye lights, new seats. Trying to make it smart, smooth, classy and FAST!!
To This...

·
Registered
308 Posts
you have the same alloys as mine lol, 40mm is fine with 15's mines lowered by 60mm and dosent scrap at all mate nice mods by the way

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers. did you buy from halfords? and as their wider than normal tyres they dont hit the arches when lowered?

·
Registered
308 Posts
no I got mine off the internet, when I put mine on, the car was on a 4 poster ramp, when I put the front wheels on I notice they just, only just touched the anti-roll bar, which could fail an m.o.t, however when it was on the ground I had another look and they are fine dot scrub at all.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The wheels don't suit the car at all IMO. Looked better with the original wheels on it. And that defo needs lowering a little bit.

Sorry to be critical but it looks like it's crashed into Halfords and been thrown together.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
times are moving on. and it was in fact yours and jims that really got me modding. wasnt a choice of mine for a corsa 5dr as was a present but real pleased now i have it:thumbs_up: . would you lower 40 or 60?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
original wheels were plastic trims and looked like trying to hard wheels that cant afford alloys lol. fairplay though as i said its my first project and have done everything myself had for 2months so lots more to do. Just ashame that i put in alot of work in it and get a comment like that. ohwells everyone has different tastes thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
original wheels were plastic trims and looked like trying to hard wheels that cant afford alloys lol. fairplay though as i said its my first project and have done everything myself had for 2months so lots more to do. Just ashame that i put in alot of work in it and get a comment like that. ohwells everyone has different tastes thanks for your opinion.
I'm not having a go I'm just being critical. Well done on what you've done, but it does look like a typical modded 5 door. I'm sure you've got a lot more work to do on it.

I.e The silver petrol flap makes it look tacky & chavvy.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
appreciated mate, i am trying to make it smooth but the engine is what i am really looking forward to :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah definatly like clear indicators. yeah i took the petrol cap off :laugh:

1 - 20 of 366 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.