All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a few problems with the car, which I've sorted. But now it sees there's another SMALL problem!

The car sometimes feels like it's lacking power, feels like sometimes it's only running on 3 cyclinders. The only way to make it accelerate on all four is to slowly increase the throttle gradually. If I slap the pedal to the floor is won't accelerate the same....

I do remember a guy saying the rubber seals on teh coil pack where degrading when the car warmed up, which would make sense as the car runs worse when warm, when cold it's a dream.

No fault codes or EML lights, any suggestions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple of things that you might like to try:

Take out the plugs and see what state they are in. (obviously replace if need be.)

Use some carb cleaner to clean the throttle body.

Regards.
Also another thing.

This only happens when the cars warm, and I remember a mechanic saying that some rubber seals on the coil pack were broken. And when they get warm they break up which can cause misfires? Which would explain as this only happens when engines warm...

I will try and clean the EGR valve too, thank!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Myn does that. I think that's just a Corsa and maybe you're used to driving more responsive cars? Third gear + aren't brilliantly responsive to be honest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.