All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi yesterday i ran out of petrol, Vauxhall Corsa Merit 'p' i today put fuel in (around halfway in the red) i go to start the engine and it ticks like an engine does when starting but doesnt catch and start up, what is the cure, could it be there is not enough fuel in there? or any other suggestion....

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Keep pumping for a while if I was you...sure you don't have a leak?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
charge your battery, probably doesnt have enough to start car, Im guessing you ran out of petrol, tried starting car few times, and that killed batery, get some jump leads, and sure be good to go

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
A car tics over when its started. From what you are saying your car will not start?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not good with cars haha.....you know when u trun the key...before it starts up it sorta tics or wateva it just does that, i know im probably not making sense but i dont know how to describe it :D

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yes mate, get your battery charged of get a bump start im sure car is fine.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Because your battery was already dead, just go try it mate..

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
i wonder if this has ever happened to mine... my car usually will only start if i rev it when starting it....

which is crap i had a new starter motor fitted 2 weeks after buying it cuz it just broke..:(

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Thats why I said charge it, / get bump start, if battery dead chargin will sort, if starter motor is goosed, then bump start will be sorted

·
Registered
24,002 Posts

Which one?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Get in car, in forst or second gear, hold clutch down. get some people to push you in the car until you get decent speed 5/10mp and try starting the car

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Get in car, put car in neutral, get some people to push you in the car until you get decent speed 5/10mp and try starting the car
fail.

put ignition to 2, get it moving as before, clutch down, 2nd gear, 10 or so mph.... pull the ****ing clutch up and give it some gas....

brace for juddery start, do not let the engine stall

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.