All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[rant]had a set of coilovers to fit today to a scoda fabia, First problem i encountered was the wheels with all the nuts out still didnt want to come off, solution to that was to hammer the crap out of them and they eventually came off. Next problem was after we had dropped the rear beam we looked for the top mounts, but scoda decided it wasnt a good idea to put them inside the car.

Instead they place the bolts behind the arch liners, So took the arch liners out. and unbolted them. Next probelm was we had to use the bump stops and top mounts from the old dampers an put them on the new ones. 1st one we did easy. Second one not so easy. Got it partly off then couldnt get it anyfurther as the mole grips couldnt grab it. tried putting a set of long nose pliers in and using the mole grips to hold them tight. This resulted in snapped pliers. So we sent someone off to use a bench vice to get them off. Got them back, fitted them and torqued up the rear wheels.

Now i thought this was the end of our troubles as front struts on a fairly new car are usually easy. Got the front end up undid 2nuts then realised it was a splined nut which we didnt have a tool for. So had to abandon it till we can aquire a tool to take the bolt off. aghhh. Wanted to set the car on fire by the end of it. Im now tired, cold and wet from lying on the damp ground and have more cut knuckles.

Oh the joys of being a mechanic:laugh:

M.

[/rant]

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
LOL unlucky, well you know what cars to avoid now, thank god you didnt get a job for skoda! I remember having some trouble with bump stops, i warmed them up with a heat gun and they pulled straight off lol. :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Was you doing all that as a favour then? Or as a job?

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
job for someone, gives me more money to spend on the car. turns out its an m16 splined nut to remove the bolt. going to finish the job tomorrow aswell as doing an oil change on it. A mate of the guy with the fabia also wants his car lowered so wooo:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.