All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so basicaly my car has broke. and run out of mot so im scrapping it.. wha do i say to insureance do i just cancel my polecy? or is there some way/reson to keep it even with no car

also if i do cancel it ould i have to ay loads to do so

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Just ring them up and cancel it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
get a new car and just change car?

·
Registered
189 Posts
You might be able to suspend it until you get another car, but only up to when your policy runs out then it gets cancelled.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i was cheaper not telling them untill i could get a new car about 3 weeks later and then phoned and said i was wanting to change car my insurance never went up any which i was surprised but that was cheaper than trying to pay the deposit on the new policy and the cancel fee on the old

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
This company sounds brilliant.. :palm:
Although I think it is as crap as you do but for a direct underwriter it is a cost saving. Using a broker they don't pay for as many staff (no sales and fewer advisors) however for the benefit of this they pay the broker, lets say only 10% :shocked:.

Now a direct company can pay a comparison site a smaller commission, then use this to lower their premiums, they can then keep everything online so only need it staff. Obviously some advisors will be needed but they're wage can be clawed back from the premium rate phone line.

We both think this is crap however we also know the majority of customers focuses on their initial premium rather than service, claims service and other additional charges.

Brokers aren't helping themselves though, for example how much is your 'administration fee' sky?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Although I think it is as crap as you do but for a direct underwriter it is a cost saving. Using a broker they don't pay for as many staff (no sales and fewer advisors) however for the benefit of this they pay the broker, lets say only 10% :shocked:.

Now a direct company can pay a comparison site a smaller commission, then use this to lower their premiums, they can then keep everything online so only need it staff. Obviously some advisors will be needed but they're wage can be clawed back from the premium rate phone line.

We both think this is crap however we also know the majority of customers focuses on their initial premium rather than service, claims service and other additional charges.

Brokers aren't helping themselves though, for example how much is your 'administration fee' sky?
I see both sides of it working in the industry and also being a petrolhead who insures 2/3 cars at a time,

£1.50 a minute is taking advantage, which ever way you look at it. This is how they are making their money, they are reeling in people with attractive prices and hammering them when they need to make any policy changes etc.

We have an admin fee for mid-term changes of £25, we make this clear to all customers before they take a policy with us. We often get people moaning about this fee but in our industry, people do like to have an occasional moan.

·
Registered
588 Posts
thought as much lol thyre an online company so thy hav a numbr but its 1.50 a min lol.
we are all in the wrong buisness in that case

1 - 11 of 11 Posts