All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have just lowered my corsa, well at least the rear because i am still waiting on some new strut to hub bolts as mine are too rusty to re-use. this combined with my 15in alloys (195/45/15) means that my rear tyres are scrubbing on the plastic arch trim. does anyone know if this will be rectified when i lower the front??? or any other way to solve this? the springs and shocks are supposed to be 30mm however i can't believe this! oh and with only the rear lowered it handles like a bag of crap, rectified slightly by the addition of a strut brace, so i reccomend that anyone planning on lowering their car buy some bolts and nuts before, and start on the front!

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi james

mate im sorry ur having so much difficulty, if your happy with 15" sure roll the arches not a big job, but if i was you i would of gone with 16" it would look the same without the springs. have a look on the net or contact your local body shop they well tell you how to do it. but me personally wouldnt do it myself, i wouldnt want to f??k it up, for the price get a pro to do it.

but hey its what you want to do mate. either way car will look cool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers mate i will look into it. will see what it's like after i finish the front. i hope i only need to do the plastic trim but if necessary will look into the arches.

·
Registered
138 Posts
the spring you have must not be a 30 mm drop ethier!
i had the same problem when i lowered mine 60mil the offset of the wheels i had were et45 but still needed to trim the plastic arch and the metal lip inside the arch not a big job,
check to make sure you have the correct offset as said,

only problems with the fronts that iv had is the bolt in the middle off the arch trim scrubbing on full lock , so if your springs are the same then there should be no problem

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Your offset must be way out for it to rub on 15" and 30mm are they 7j rims? aah well lol, your best bet is to take off (basically cut off) the inside of the plastic arches, if you have a look you will see how much it sticks out and how much you can take off, if that doesnt do the trick then you will have to get your arches rolled. Its around £30-40 per arches (already said that once today :laugh: )

i wouldnt of lowered half the car! be patient and wait for the bolts so you can do it all at the same time, otherwise you will end up, up against a tree.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys

thanks to everyone who has helped out. i wasn't planning to only lower half of the car, i started with the back, and when it came to the front i realised that i could not continue, and i didn't want to undo all the work that i had done!

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks to everyone who has helped out. i wasn't planning to only lower half of the car, i started with the back, and when it came to the front i realised that i could not continue, and i didn't want to undo all the work that i had done!
Your offset must be well out mate, i have got 17's on mine at the moment and they are fine. I havent done the suspension yet but i will be rolling the arches when i finally lower it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have recently got some 16" alloys (Irmy soft stars) which have an offset of 49. With me and 3 other people in the car there's no rubbing at all. Plus I have lowered it 30mm all round. It's all about the offset really to be honest, if 15" alloys are rubbing then the offset is clearly wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah the offset of my alloys was completely wrong, like 35 or something!! I've now changed to a set of 49 offset, and they are fine. It's definately lowered more than 30mm though, I'd say more like 45 50! It's gonna play havock when i put my bodykit on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.