All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the infamous trickle of water into the passenger footwell after heavy rain. I haven't yet confirmed that the BCM seal is the culprit but given all that I have read concerning the symptoms I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

I am having allot of trouble getting one of the screws holding the cover out and it occurred to me that perhaps I don't need to.

I got the bright idea that I could just wrap the unit in heavy plastic securing the plastic by winding some water proof tape around it.

Given that no one has ever suggested such a method I imagine there is some very good reason why this would be a bad idea. Can anyone suggest why I shouldn't just save the trouble and do this?

I'm amazed that the unit still functions if water is in fact getting inside it!

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
If that is the case, water will slowly corrode the components inside. Plastic wrapped around it and taped up will do the job, probably the reason many don't do it is for asthetic purposes and the fact that if you ever need to get into it, you'd have to re do it. Another method would be to put a bead of silicone where the seal was and press the lid into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.