All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on behalf of a mate who's got a coolant leak which is so bad that as soon as your pour coolant in it runs straight out again. I had a quick look this morning and as he poured coolant in, it seemed to run straight out of what i have circled red in the picture.

This is a view from the back of the block (drivers side) and i think it could be the thermal expansion valve but i was wondering if someone could help me out on this? The engine is the 1.4 16v (X14XE) with air conditioning.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well access to it is difficult but it does look like its coming from the valve itself like the fatter bit at the top. I was wondering if others have had this problem as it doesn't seem to be coming from further up

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if you think it's the valve I'd replace that, and the hoses too with new clips while I was at it.

I don't know enough about it to know if there's a more serious underlying problem or not though.
I've checked the whole coolant system best i can and everything else seems in order and he's never had problems before with overheating. Apparently it was one of those things where he went to his car one day and it emptied itself of coolant.

Can anyone on here confirm its the valve i'm thinking of or is it called something else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts