All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this issue crop up over a month or two ago.. when doing over 30/40mph and braking relatively hard, there are a lot of vibrations through pedal, steering wheel, and pretty much rattles the whole car.

I thought it was a warped disc, so I replaced with new standard discs and pads.. and yes the drivers side was slightly warped.

Now the discs and pads have been on for over 400 miles and have bed in, but the symptoms are still happening. The brakes definately work though, and I just tried the brake vacuum test (press pedal 5 times and start engine) and the pedal did dip as it should.

Any ideas? Bleed lines?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that the tracking was done before Christmas and is out again suggests there's something worn with the front suspension - that will lead to vibration on braking.
It was out slightly within a week.. but that was just after fitting coilovers, and hitting a few pot holes. I'll jack it up at some point soon and check for wear in components. Would top mounts be a likely suspect? May just get the tracking done and see if that sorts it. :thumbs_up:

·
Banned
885 Posts
As above, I would be checking suspension and steering joints.
It might also pay to check your ride height - If the drive shafts are running at ridiculous angles, this itself could cause the problem.

Just a thought, are there any strange noises when this happens? if so it COULD suggest a ABS problem.

Regards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.