All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery possessive was lose, but thought it would be alight until I could get it home and tighten it up. what a mistake!

I was going down the road, the positive popped off n obviously done something, all my lights popped on! the engine lost all power engine management light abs eps the lot was flicking on and off!

i managed to make it home, but every time I turn the car on now i have a service light on. so i was wondering is there anyway to turn it off without plugging the car into a device??

any help would be great! thanks

ps sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum x

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Im guessing it hit the bonnet wguch caused a short and blew a fuse. I know that is you blow a certain fuse, you get a few lights come on, engine management and battery for a start. Check those first. It happened to my car at 7:55pm this evening, and is still like it cos the shop closed so i cant get a replacement fuse until the morning :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh, yeh good idea! kinda commen sence that init! ill check all the fuses and post back later =-) x cheers x

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yeah your welcome fella, but....

A) Report back if it works or not - could be handy for other members
B) Dont put little 'x' kisses on your messages when replying to me :D (jokes)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
to turn the service light off hold the brake pedal and the botton on the clocks down whilst turning on the ignition and that will turn it off :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yet another problem! more lights!

I was just driving along, then all of a sudden my ABS and what looks like a car skidding has came on! I'm beginning to hate this car, i've only just bought the damn thing!

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I was just driving along, then all of a sudden my ABS and what looks like a car skidding has came on! I'm beginning to hate this car, i've only just bought the damn thing!
I would assume the skidding car will be traction control with it being a 1.8.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Sounds like the whole electrical system is having a bit of a paddy.

I'd take it to Vauxhall or atleast a decent garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts