All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs_up: Wicked fuel - really makes a difference. Costs over £1 a litre, but worth it. Put a tenner in my car today & it's running very smoothly & reacts better.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Filled mine with it the other day, better than normal fuel, not a touch on the stuff from total though!

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
bint? wtf lol

im going to start using it i think! i started to then stopped, silly billy.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
no shell garages near me i think, i use bp ultimate though which seems to be better, have to drive 20 mins to my nearest bp when i need fuel but hey!

·
Registered
713 Posts
bp ultimate, shell optimax, same stuff really just different name. main difference is the higher octane percentage hence the different price and prformance. you should have a look round Lyd, theres bound to be a garage near you that will do it for a bit less.

my next tank full's going to have this. soon as i run empty again lol.

then next on the list is an oil cleanout and change for shell optimax brand which my manager bought for me :D

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Why put higher octane fuel in 1.2 and 1.4 engines, your just throwing your money away IMO. Maybe once a month for the cleaning properties added in but thats it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
ive only done it this morning for the first time ever just to give it a flush through and freshen up etc. cant honestly say its done much difference this morning but might be me. gonna give it a proper blast later on.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
High octane fuel DOES NOT increase performance. Advancing the engine timing DOES increase performance.

The high octane fuel merely allows you to advance the engine timing with less danger of detonation.

Simply using a high octane fuel without advancing the timing will not make your car go any faster.

There are two reasons why people believe that their car is faster on it - the first is the placebo effect, if you believe that it does improve, then your brain will convince you that it HAS improved. The second is that the higher levels of detergent in the fuel can make a higher mileage engine run more efficiently. But once it starts to run more efficiently you can switch back to the regular fuel and it will continue to run with that efficiency.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
High octane fuel DOES NOT increase performance. Advancing the engine timing DOES increase performance.

The high octane fuel merely allows you to advance the engine timing with less danger of detonation.

Simply using a high octane fuel without advancing the timing will not make your car go any faster.

There are two reasons why people believe that their car is faster on it - the first is the placebo effect, if you believe that it does improve, then your brain will convince you that it HAS improved. The second is that the higher levels of detergent in the fuel can make a higher mileage engine run more efficiently. But once it starts to run more efficiently you can switch back to the regular fuel and it will continue to run with that efficiency.
Woah chill! Jeez.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Sorry just quoted that off another site, should have put in quotes lol werent my words :p
Just a bit of information for you though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts