All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just joined... Wondered if any one had any idea on the following:

My car is a retro 1998 corsa breeze, no real problems with it in general. it had to get a new mid/rear exhaust due to deteriation, and when I got it back, I noticed that when the car is is stopped at traffic lights etc in neutral the car shudders quite badly at intervals (as if it is gonna stall). I find it weird that it does this the day after the repair and wondered if there is any link? (I am really car stupid..). The garage has excellent reputation, and takes care of all my families car so I know nothing dodgey went on!!

Any help would be appreciated,

Bella x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No lights come on. They didn't replace the catalytic converter no, just the mid and rear bit, the tail pipe had fallen off! It is fine when driving, but it was if it was going to stall when idle, and wondered why after the repair it started doing this. If it is a big job there is no point me paying as my car isnt worth a hell of lot anyway lol. :-(

·
Registered
543 Posts
what rpm do the revs stay at whilst on idle? and do the revs move about a bit? it won't be a big job its just a case of finding the problem which can be a pain. what engine does the car have?

·
Registered
543 Posts
thats good because it should idle around 800rpm when hot. the only thing i can think off is that the new exhaust system is restricting the air flow causing a buildup of pressure. take it back to the garage and get them to check the exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
how full is your tank?
mine always used to feel abit boggy and kangaroo a little when it was nearly empty
might just be the crap from the bottom of the tank

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been advised that the rear part of exhaust may need readjusting as it may be vibrating against something. I think I will just take it back to the garage and whinge at them to check it out!

Thanks for everybodies ideas and advice!!

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.