All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal, i got my corsa with the standard cdr 2005 cd player, which sucks btw, s i brought the cd30 wimply for the aux input connector at the back. Great however before i can get it installed i need to go to vauxhall to get the code so i can use it with the car, no problem, however, the V5 still isn't here yet and as i only have the small slip i have to wait and use the crappy cdr 2005, so i decided to fabricate a aux in connector to connect to the back of the cdr 2005 so i can use an mp4 player. i based it on the back of the cd30 thinking, they were the same. Its genius too, clips on and off from the back and the cable hangs under the heating controls.
Yes you can see what happens next,.... i pulled out the stereo and what do i see a completely different connection.
I've searched everywhere online the this forum, and others, all i need a wiring pin diagram for the back of the cdr 2005 and i can create an aux in, so please someone point me to a image, pdf or website that describes the back pin connectors.

I should say i have a 2003 Corsa C Sxi 1.2, i call her Maria cos she like it when i'm inside her.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If you want to go down that route mate, simply remove the AM modulator inside the headunit and connect an aux input to that

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Look for the AM modulator, desolder it from inside the headunit, then lookup the part number on the side and find a datasheet for that - more chance in finding that than one for the headunit itself. Its probably made by Philips Semiconductors, there will be 2 or 3 audio out pin, connect an aux cable to this.

To be honest, I would just wait for the new one

Reactions: Rob

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
How about saying thank you for the help you ahve received, after someone has bothered going through all that.
That may make others more inclines to help if there is some appreciation

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I was under the impression the cd30 wouldnt work with the older cars due to the unit being introduced with the canbus operated cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was under the impression the cd30 wouldnt work with the older cars due to the unit being introduced with the canbus operated cars.
i wondered what can hi/lo was for, oh well might as well sell it for £20 quid on ebay.

Cheers folks to all that helped. ... oh and to the miserable ******* vegas who likes to comment bull shit, you get squatt you so curl up and die.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Bad English is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.