All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need to be able to jack the car up on a trolley jack to enable me to wheel it down the street onto my drive way. Where is the best place to do this?

Dan :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front crossmember is more than strong enough to hold the car up, but how on earth are you planning to move the car whilst on a jack? I dont think thats safe at all, it'll fall off almost immediately.
Surely not wheeling it using the wheels on the trolley jack!?! :eek:
That was my plan yeah, got no other way of getting it onto my drive, one of the wheels is at a right angle and the car wont drive. Unless anyone has any better idea of how to move it?

·
Registered
752 Posts
skate boreds ftw! haha

really, heh we had this problem at college.. i built some wheel dollys you fixed to the cars wishbones / axel out of some box section and i used wheel barrow wheels. they actualy looked like over sized skate boreds lol.. they still use them now so ive been told lol think you can get somthing like it off ebay..
i needed to move my car and i used a sack truck :/ only had to move it a foot or so.. but there was like 6 people involved LoL so happy i have a towbar.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skate boreds ftw! haha

really, heh we had this problem at college.. i built some wheel dollys you fixed to the cars wishbones / axel out of some box section and i used wheel barrow wheels. they actualy looked like over sized skate boreds lol.. they still use them now so ive been told lol think you can get somthing like it off ebay..
i needed to move my car and i used a sack truck :/ only had to move it a foot or so.. but there was like 6 people involved LoL so happy i have a towbar.
Managed to do it now, replaced the lower arm ball joint just to get the wheel on and facing the right way :p and strapped the wheel to a wheel trolley.

Dan :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.