All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done to their corsa mines written of with full tank of petrol in...and tried with pipe through petrol cap but was only getting surface of petrol if i tried push it anymore it would miss it completely

·
Registered
260 Posts
As I see you have 1.0 B, and I know on this fuel filter is under the drivers side door. I'm not sure if the fuel pump is before or after the filter, but if its after you can just take of the filter and the fuel will just drain out into a fuel canister.

If the fuel pump is before the fuel filter, you could try taking the car battery and directly wiring it to the pump (after the fuel filter has been disconnected), this will make the pump just push the fuel out of where you disconnected the fuel filter.

I did the battery option with a mate on an old Micra a few weeks back. I'm not sure if it's an option on the Corsa. And ofcourse, there's some safety precautions you should probably follow when doing this, like keeping away battery sparks from fuel.
But I will let someone else agree or disagree with my battery option... Might be different on a Corsa.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
^^
What he said.

You'll need to give the pump 12v, I just cut the wiring, looked which wire I needed in the Haynes and used a trickle charger to give it power.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Pump is before the filter - it's in the tank. If you leave the tank sealed and either do as above with a 12v source it's safe - or if you have Opcom you can turn on the fuel pump remotely which is the way I do it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I ended up opening up the fuel tank (from under the back seat), removing the pump and then siphoning the stuff out from there.

If the car is written off and going for scrap I guess you could just punch a hole in the tank and let it drain.:eek:

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
A lot of scrappies do just that - which is damned annoying when you go searching scrapyards for a replacement tank and find they've all been holed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts