All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help. Can you post pictures on here as it will be easier to show you my problem that describe it?

I have this gross thick brown sludge floating at the top of the coolant. My car seems to be fine but never found this sludge before. I also have a mustard coloured creamy goo on the oil cap. I don’t do a lot of long journeys and have been told this is the cause of the mustard stuff. Can either of these damage the running of my car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check your oil for the same sludge, if your oil seems runny and whitish you might have a blown head gasket? Also check if the pipes that go i to the radiator are soft or hard while the car is running. Also the sludge under the oil cap might be coused if you drive on low rpms all the time.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It can be down to short journeys yes, before you fit a head gasket i might be inclined to change the oil and filter if its due, you could drain the coolant out flush it out and refill with new coolant, and check the breathers and clean them out, prob find the pipes are full of gunge i have known on older vaushalls going back to the cavalier area that the filter in the top of the rocker cover gets blocked up...the main one you want to look at is the one that goes into the inlet manifold...kinda vent hose...from Fred in Essex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.