·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wouldnt say so, dont think you can have LED's as headlights, too blue i'd say, look pretty mint though :D
Yeah just looked up the lumen factors for them and normal halogens and they are about a 1/10 of the halogens :p So even though they are bright, i doubt they would light up a thing

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
those led H4's are meant to be for show cars and that when you put the car on display at a show for a few days and want the lights to look light they're on etc... and not drain your battery down. They're in no way road legal, led side lights are perfectly legal as they are not designed to light the road up, they're just there to allow you to be seen by others.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those led H4's are meant to be for show cars and that when you put the car on display at a show for a few days and want the lights to look light they're on etc... and not drain your battery down. They're in no way road legal, led side lights are perfectly legal as they are not designed to light the road up, they're just there to allow you to be seen by others.
Fair enough, will have to source some bright normal bulbs, cheers.

Whilst on this kind of topic, we all complain about how normal Corsa headlights make whatever kind of bulb seem to have a tint of yellow, however bright they are but do Depos have the same problem? My girlfriend is getting me some for Xmas :D

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Fair enough, will have to source some bright normal bulbs, cheers.

Whilst on this kind of topic, we all complain about how normal Corsa headlights make whatever kind of bulb seem to have a tint of yellow, however bright they are but do Depos have the same problem? My girlfriend is getting me some for Xmas :D
Lucky! wish i was getting some depos, lol... As far as i know, the corsas making headlights yellowish is only due to the plastic and glass being old and sun-beaten. The white xenon bulbs help a lot from normal halogen h4's, but are still slightly yellowish. I would guess that depos being black inside and brand new glass, they should be as white as possible, depending on your choice of bulbs...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky! wish i was getting some depos, lol... As far as i know, the corsas making headlights yellowish is only due to the plastic and glass being old and sun-beaten. The white xenon bulbs help a lot from normal halogen h4's, but are still slightly yellowish. I would guess that depos being black inside and brand new glass, they should be as white as possible, depending on your choice of bulbs...
Yeah she is good to me :p and wicked, i'll get my self some xenon bulbs after Xmas :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine arent too yellow with standard headlights and ice white xenon halogens from ebay, they're actually more green/blue than they are white/yellow so im happy. With depos you should be sound tbh...
Yeah they should look good, especially with the SMD sidelights too :)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I thought the same.

So...brand spanking new set of depos...still had stickers on them
Brand new xenon filled philips blue vision bulbs

Still got a fair tinge of yellow to them :(

The same bulbs in my 106 and dad's polo were bright white with a slight tint of blue in the lens...i think it might be something to do with the headlights on the Corsa being made from glass. Polo and 106 were plastic lens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts