All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i personally dont smoke, and wasn't aware of this change.
just saw an advert on MySpace and the smoking age is changing to 18 from the 1st of october in England and Wales. Not sure about Scotland it just says "it will most likely come into affect at the same time"

For more information :
http://www.tobacco18.co.uk/index.html

what do you all think of this law change? good or bad?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Thing is some people may have been smoking for a year and a half, since they were 16 but now the government expects them just to stop. It isnt easy to stop smoking and for the government to have allowed them to smoke for one and a half years then tell them they now cant is a joke.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thing is some people may have been smoking for a year and a half, since they were 16 but now the government expects them just to stop. It isnt easy to stop smoking and for the government to have allowed them to smoke for one and a half years then tell them they now cant is a joke.
Thankfully the government/health service provide free patches, gum, tablets and support then for all those kids that were lulled into thinking it was safe to smoke :rolleyes:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
bah, they should just ban smoking outright. stop making em, that'll stop the buggers!

But of course the gov. wouldn't do that, because of all the tax revenue they make from it!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah they should just ban it, i don't want my lifespan shortened because someone else thinks its a good idea to smoke

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
So with the way the law is now; people cant smoke near anyone really, they have to go outside clubs and pubs, even move away from bus shelters and you think that something they enjoy they should stop because it can damage your health even though to damage your health you would have to purposely move near to them since they cant smoke anywhere near you? Absolutly love that idea of "I dont so no one else should", try looking at the bigger picture please mate.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutly love that idea of "I dont so no one else should", try looking at the bigger picture please mate.
i dont smoke but i totally agree with you :thumbs_up:
smoking is an addiction, people used to believe it was okay for you.. some people have been smoking for 40+ years... they cant just not smoke because you're there Vonst3v3.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i smoke, this way im being helped to stop. = more money for mods.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I am quite surprised with scotland still to be announced since they were the first to implement the smoking ban, I thought they would jump straight on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i think the whole smoking ban is a bit harsh 2 be fair - why dont they just have seperate smoking rooms, which are properly walled off, then people wouldnt complain as much, rather than chuck us outside

1 - 20 of 26 Posts