All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm goin 2 smooth of the tailgate on my 5door corsa b.....but dnt no if it would look btr with the window wiper and bagdes took off aswell as the number plate dent.......or 2 leave the number plate where it is? i think it would look a bit off if it woz completly smooth,any ideas or pics?

cheers stu

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
erm.... i smoothed my boot on phtoshop to see what it would look like, i would personally just debadge it an leave the plate? up to you though, all have different opinions

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get a pic of the rear of your car up and one of us will have a go at photoshopping it for you so you can see.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i'm goin 2 smooth of the tailgate on my 5door corsa b.....but dnt no if it would look btr with the window wiper and bagdes took off aswell as the number plate dent.......or 2 leave the number plate where it is? i think it would look a bit off if it woz completly smooth,any ideas or pics?

cheers stu
u from ek?? lol thats where am from, whats ur name??

il had my 5 door tailgate semi-smoothed (ie wiper and badge off, number plate left where it was) and it looked good

you need to decide how you want to go about doing it.

ie i went for semi smooth because its less hassle than having to relocate the number plate, and sort out a new number plate light (mot requirement)

if its purely for looks, then a full smooth is definitely the way to go

if you want to keep your rear wiper, then again thats upto you

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i see a 5dr at traxs with just the wiper an badge smoothed looks much better than fully smoothed.i duno whether to do mine or just leave it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Best way is to do a few photoshops and see which one you prefer. Saves spending all the cash then deciding you don't like it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Mine is fully smoothed, but be warned to smooth a 5 door boot is 10x harder than a 3 door. As the 5 door boot is more egg shaped, you have to weld the sheet metal then build it up with filler.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Mine is fully smoothed, but be warned to smooth a 5 door boot is 10x harder than a 3 door. As the 5 door boot is more egg shaped, you have to weld the sheet metal then build it up with filler.
u got anything to back this claim up??? :eek:

the 5 door boot has less of a curve on it, so in effect is actually easier, although there isnt much of a difference at all!!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the replys guys....think am gona leave the number plate where it is and smooth the rest......saw a pic of a green corsa at knockhill with a fully smooth boot....personally a dnt think it looked right.....i've got a body kit for the corsa but need opinions on wot skirts 2 get,will get pics up shortly
cheers stu

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah i think you made the right choice, i dont think the whole boot smoothed on a 5dr looks right, just smooth the rest! good lad lol:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts