All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pop the bonnet tonight to put in some screen wash, and pulled the lever clean off :palm: would try to prise open the catch with a flat blade but don't want to damage the grill. Anyone had this happen before, and is it an easy fix?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sure it's not just the lever come off the cable? Not sure where it is or design on your car, but have you looked properly to seeifyou can see the cable? Usually a little indent on the handle, works abit like a throttle body

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I tried tugging at it, but it was really slack and felt really limp, almost as though it's become detached! Ill have a better look in daylight tomorrow, I just haven't heard of this happening often

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
If you can get on the cable and bonnet won't release get someone to give the bonnet a tap as your pulling cable it will help it release

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Get somebody to pull on the cable with some pliers, whilst you try to bounce the bonnet at the tip. It'll open.

EDIT: What ^he^ said

Reactions: Ellie

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
If you can pull the cable hard enough, you'll either open the bonnet or pull through the snapped cable, either way one has to happen eventually.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I suppose this just gives more lean toward the fact women should not be in a cars bonnet and should leave it to men :shocked:

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't start! It's not a battle of the sexes, it's asking some advice. I'm not as clueless as lip smoker, and he wasn't female.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Least one person got a thanks:shocked:

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't thank you all, would have looked needy and uncool. I'm willing to drop my cool to avoid a vag rage though :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Didn't thank you all, would have looked needy and uncool. I'm willing to drop my cool to avoid a vag rage though :)
:laugh: Was oly messing :thumbs_up:

·
9,047 Posts
You just pull too hard and break. Br gentle

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Yeah I tried tugging at it, but it was really slack and felt really limp, almost as though it's become detached! Ill have a better look in daylight tomorrow, I just haven't heard of this happening often
no one else find this bit funny :laugh: ? or am i just a dirty *******?

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So after a kind visit from Samo, this has now been fixed! Although he nearly made it worse, and I ended up fixing it :laugh:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Samo fixed something :0

1 - 20 of 21 Posts