All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say that I have so much love for my 'B' despite being 13 years older than my girlfriend's Peugeot 107.

My car just seems to drive better and be able to handle corners at higher speeds than the Pug (plus it's easier to work on mechanically).

Anyone else truly love their 'B'?

This is my 'B'.... tired looking, but still packs a punch :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Nope. Piece of shit

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Plenty of French cars last longer than 13 years,

Sweeping statement from the internet that don't know about cars tbh

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah... one such Frenchie which has survived time (and now fetching stupid prices) is the old Citroen 2CV6 Special....

Used to be able to pick em up for about £200 (and also literally pick them up with two guys), but now they are fetching nearly £2000

And that is a weezy 599cc engine that barely does 60mph

·
Registered
590 Posts
actually I will say this. Most cars here in france are shit, mainly because no one takes care of them at all, I think i see more cars dinged and dented then actually nice looking cars. So i guess I shouldn't be blaming the pug itself, but the owners of them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yea cos the first one flew off as soon as I hit 55.

Bonnet is getting replaced as soon as I pass my test anyway...only about 3 more weeks hopefully...

Duct Tape ftw ;-)
if ya can't duct it....**** it.....i guess since its getting replaced it doesn't matter anyway, that would be a hell of a mess to get off lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see the point in making the outside all flashy and sparkly new...

A car is supposed to look like it's used everyday, not just sat there shining and sparkly.

When I have the money to sort her out, I'm going to concentrate on the stuff underneath to make sure that works fine.

People may disagree with me, but I like the fact my car looks a bit tired... she's got battle scars so why hide em?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Do what you like..?

·
Registered
590 Posts
makes sense, to each his own, some people go all motor and **** looks, some opposite, I personally don't really do engine work other then intake and exhaust, maybe uprated plugs and wires and headers. The outside is a exclamation of yourself I believe.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I had a 106 diesel and loved it.
Handled much better than my B, easier to work on and didn't really have any rust issues.

Corsa B i tolerate more than anything. Invested too much in repairs / mods to pull out now but if i had the choice i'd happily take a 306 / 106 diesel over another Corsa B.
My Dad's away on holiday just now for a week and he's got a 106 diesel so i'll be using that for driving about instead of the Corsa until he's back.

As soon as most people on here drive other better built cars like VW, Audi, most Jap cars ect they soon realise how poor the B is in comparison.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've had two 95 civics and a 2011 Jetta lives them. The corsa is fun no doubt but I got the x14xe so it's not a shitter compared to the other engines. If I could have any I'd go back to the 2008 mustang I had in the states. That was fun

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.