All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right as it stands my corsa is a 1.4 16v engine.
i went to my local scrappy to day and i have found wat seems 2 be a 1.6 turbo diesel engine in allright nick my brother who is a royal engineer has come up with a gud plan that will make my car compleatly custom but will need some work our idea is to use the inlet manifold turbo carburator and other goodie 2 produce a 1.4 16v tubro for my corsa it would e a cheaper option than dropping a c20xe let into my corsa but would provide the power of possibly a 1.6 16v or even a 1.8 16v were in the planning stage at the moment does any 1 kno if it will deffinalty work ? as i am about to purchase the engine for a mear £75 ?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
its not the most straight forward mod. You would need a custom exhaust manifold, remap or piggy back ECU, uprated fuel system (fuel pump, injectors etc) and new actuator a shed loads of custom piping. Im sure there is more but i cant remember what.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You would also need to lower the compression ratio, the bodge way is using more than 1 headgasket but I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Forgot bout that, you cant just stick a turbo on a car, it doesnt work like that. Alot of work is involved but the results would be satisfying and pretty unique.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I can't see a turbo off a 1.6 diesel producing much power.

·
Registered
143 Posts
by the time youve converted the lump, got the gaskets changed, put low comp pistons in <a must if your going to try any type of decent boost> and bigger injectors you might aswell buy the turbo kit from courtney or somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts