All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to sleep and woke up with one of those stiff / sore necks you get now and then. Not had this in about 15 or so years now so it's horrible.

Back and one side of my neck is in agony and the same with my shoulder for the same side.

Any miracle treatments apart from popping a few aspirin? Bad enough that it took me about 10 minutes to find a method to roll out of bed as impossible to sit up with the pain

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I used an electrolysis (I think they're called) machine on the middle of my back when stuggling to walk. About 15 mins and it loosened up. Killer when your doing it, but after is heaven. Think they are £10 in Lloyds pharmacy :)

Also a good way to wake sleepers up too :p

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
just try blasting the shower at it on high, get the blood pumping to it.
don't start rolling your head around try instead stretching your shoulder muscles

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
if you get what feels like a point (like being stabbed) near the neck it is due to poor posture normally when driving or sitting

general aches when waking can indicate, a few things, poor sleeping position, poor pillow, poor mattress, draft in the night (do you sleep under a window?)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, nothing between my posture or anything has changed in at least 6 months. Same bed, PC chair ect. Went to bed fine and woke up about 4am in absolute agony. Made it through to this morning but still in a lot of pain. Must have slept funny or something, but aspirin isn't doing much for me.
Stretches seemed to help for about 2 minutes then the pain gradually comes back

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
no you get me wrong, it wouldn't a change in posture that would do it, it would be something you would not notice till it happened.

put an X where the pain is exactly

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Most likely tension of the trapezius muscle. Go for a massage, it will do you the world of good, and relieve built up tension and stress. Specify that you'd like petrissage techniques but to stay away from tapotement.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
whats with all the scientific shit, clearly caused by excessive masturbating. try left hand ;)

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I trained as a massage therapist before I decided to go to uni. So know the whole anatomy stuff :thumbs_up:

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
masturbating

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
try the stretches, plenty of fluids, anti inflammatory such as ibuprofen, before I forget put a hot water bottle on it and see if it eases.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Painkillers - especially anti-inflammatory type. Hot bath. Keep warm.

I used to get them every 6 - 9 months, lasted 4-5 days at a time. Very painful. The worst one was on the day of my motorbike test so doing the safety check over my shoulder was agony.

Strangely enough, since my shoulder surgery it's not happened again.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd taken some Aspirin earlier which done next to nothing but my friend dropped off some Ibuprofen. That and some stretches seem to be helping. It's much more bearable now. Dinner then a nice hot bath to see if that helps sooth it a little.

Next to toothache / sore stomachs these kinds of pains are the worst.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts